Children at Mrs. Payan’s School receive a good foundation to build inner confidence and foster a great love of learning and discovery for a lifetime.
- Low student-teacher ratio and small group setting
- Social skills are defined through interaction within the group
- Cooperation and understanding is constantly encouraged
- Self-discipline is taught and positive reinforcement employed for good behavior
- Direct parental involvement and regular feedback
- Math and Language are taught using the Montessori method and materials.
- Sensorial and Practical Life activities, also taught with the Montessori method, enhance motor skills and refine the senses.
- Science is taught through hands-on experiments and gardening projects.
- Music is used in the classroom on a daily basis and also taught by a professional musician. Individual or group violin classes are offered.
- French language is introduced to foster understanding of diversity.
- Outdoor play allows for practice of gross motor skills.
Arrival: 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Snack: 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Outdoor play: 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Dismissal: 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Late Pick-up Fee: $12.00 per hour
Please call for details: 305.801.2972
The academic program continues in a relaxed setting with more fun activities: music, dance, exercise, water play and more.
“Mrs. Payan taught me how to take care of plants –
something I remembered for the rest of my life.”
“Boy, I never knew I was that smart…”
“I prefer this school because we do lessons.”
– Sophie, 2013
Affiliated to the American Montessori Society (AMS)
Licensed by the Florida Department of Children and Families Certificate Number L11MD0078